Thursday, October 10, 2013

Ollie the Fish



OOMM Globel Read Aloud by Sharon m. Draper




   I think Melody talked about Ollie in the book. Because it probably reminded her about her self. This is how I think this reminded her about Ollie. Ollie died when Melody was 7.



    Ollie feel out of the bowl and Melody poured the bowl out so melody would get water but it didn't work so Ollie died.


    I think Ollie is like Melody because he wants to talk but he can’t like Melody they both can’t talk but they both try.



      Melody was probably sad because in the book she was crying. She couldn't tell her mother what she was feeling. Melody hit the fish bowl over but she couldn't tell her mom why.





Why do YOU think Melody is telling the story about Ollie?





How do YOU think Melody is feeling.

5 comments:

  1. Dear Daniel,

    I think this story of Ollie is important too. To answer your question, I'm not sure exactly why Sharon Draper put this story in, but I definitely think Ollie and Melody have a lot of similarities, and it's really interesting to talk to others about what those similarities are!

    Keep up the great posting and commenting!

    -Mrs. A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, thanks for your comment
    Daniel,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Daniel,

    I think your post is great. I think that Melody is telling the story because she is kind of like her.See ya.

    -Avi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Daniel,

    I remember when that happened it was sad.

    Sincerely,

    Shimon

    ReplyDelete