Thursday, October 10, 2013

O.O.M.M

We are reading Out of My Mind By. Sharon Draper


I feel bad for melody she wanted to tell her mom so badly what really happened to Ollie that he jumped out of the bowl and that she did not tip the bow.Her mom was kind of yelling at her because the mom thought that she tipped the bowl.


Ollie had a life like melody it seemed like he was stuck in the bowl.It seemed like he wanted to be free like how melody would want to be.She would want to talk and walk but she can't.Melody feels like she is stuck in the bowl because she does not feel free.


I think Ollie had a tornado reaction so he probably just jumped right out of the bowl and sadly died.I think that he freaked out.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Shimon,

    I love how you said that "Melody feels like she is stuck in the bowl because she does not feel free." What an interesting way of making a comparison with Ollie! I can tell you really thought deeply about this question.

    I also love that you called Ollie's behavior a "tornado reaction." I had never thought of that until you and another student brought it up.

    I love sharing books and ideas with others!

    -Mrs. A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job of describing how frustrating it must be for Melody to not be able to communicate. I think I would have a tornado reaction too if I was in that situation.

    -Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear mom,
      Thank you for commenting on my post


      Sincerely,
      Shimon

      Delete