We made ecocolums with an aquarium and a terrarium. The aquarium is filled with water, fish, snails, elodea, duckweed, and gravel. In the terrarium there are crickets, grass, and dirt. In Daniel's and mine aquarium our snails died but luckily when Mrs. A gave us more elodea and there was a snail on it. Most of our elodea died but we got more. The duckweed died but we got more. The fish are breathing in oxygen and they breath out CO2. The crickets are breathing in oxygen and breathe out CO2.
In Daniel's and my aquarium our animals and plants have a relationship. The fish in the aquarium breathe in the water. This is an example of both an abiotic and biotic relationship. The snails feed off the gravel, this is a biotic relationship. In Daniel's and my terrarium the grass relies on the dirt for roots. The crickets rely on the grass. This is what happens in our ecocolum.
Have you ever had a ecocolumn?
Hi Shimon,
ReplyDeleteI've never built an eco-column, but it sounds like a fun thing to do! I hope yours continues to keep growing and living. Great post!
- Mom
Hi Shimon,
ReplyDeleteYour eco-column sounds fascinating! I have never had an eco-column, but I'd like to make one now that I'm learning so much about them from your blog.
What is duckweed? Why do you think that the snails, elodia and duckweed died?
- Jamie (Sam's mom)
Hi Shimon,
ReplyDeleteYour eco-column sounds fascinating! I have never had an eco-column, but I'd like to make one now that I'm learning so much about them from your blog.
What is duckweed? Why do you think that the snails, elodia and duckweed died?
- Jamie (Sam's mom)
This comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteDear Shimon,
ReplyDeleteyes I have made ecocolumns all of my plants died and all of my animals escaped.
-Yaniv